NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

jellyfish: alnitak revisited

alacant

Hi everyone I was looking forward to some simple processing with this target until I saw the bright star (propus?) in the fov. Too much of a reminder of trying to tame alnitak. Everything -unguided trial and error- I tried made it worse. I had a go at this anyway. I know I overdid the deconvolution. I have a light pollution filter on the nose-piece which I think is making the situation worse with its added reflections. Any comments of dealing with star situations such as these most gratefully received. Oh and any guidelines for exposure... This is around 1 hour; I fear that any more is gonna make the situation worse. Canon 700d. TIA.

ic443.jpg

On ‎02‎/‎01‎/‎2017 at 10:15, alacant said:

'... give rep...'? Not sure what you mean. Do you mean that touching Like this doesn't work? 

Yes, I click that and it says I can't give rep to this user. Allows me to do some I think, just not you. Maybe you're not special enough ;

8 minutes ago, jimbo747 said:

Yes, I click that and it says I can't give rep to this user. Allows me to do some I think, just not you. Maybe you're not special enough ;

The original post shows you've already liked it.

10 hours ago, Filroden said:

The original post shows you've already liked it.

Weird. Before it still showed the 'like this' button and hadn't registered I'd pressed it (other than to say you can't give reputation to this user), appears correct now.

Archived