NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Slow and unresponsive eqmod

sulaco

Hi folks, 

I'm about at the end of my tether with eqmod at the moment, having had a break from imaging I've taken to it again and upgraded the kit with eqmod with a Hitecastro cable from Flo.

Im constantly getting timeouts and slow response from the game pad with delays of up to 20s, I've tried everything I think. The mont has its own power supply with a 12v supply direct to the plug socket, Its at the point I can't getting imaging done due to timeouts during subs or the slews won't stop or work once then I have to park and unpack to get it to work.

Any tips would greatly appreciated, before I buy a ne eqmod cable as a last resort.

Campbell

Hi,

Thanks for the reply, the USB hub is a 5v powered hub and the eqmod cable runs direct from the mount to the laptop. The only thing I can think of regarding timeouts would be a smoothed power supply for the mount, its 12v and 5 amps but I've heard that it might need slightly more.

The hub has the qhy5 guide camera and Dslr attached and then onto the laptop which is again power supplied.

Replying to my own reply here but it looks like it's all to do with power, setting up indoors and it behaves perfectly where as when it's connected to the the outside shed power supply it just doesn't work. This seems to effect PhD guiding also because of power fluctuations or not enough. I see rapid sell a 13v 5v smoothed supply, might try that. 

• 2 months later...

Well just in case anyone has had similar issues, I went through each part if my rig to see where the problem lies and after buying a 13v power supply and discounting that I found it to be the Hitec astro eqdirct cable.

I bought a new Lynx Astro one from the helpful chaps at FLO and the setup works perfectly, I've been beating my heat against a wall for ages and this appears to be the problem, spent 3hrs on Saturday imaging without a blip. The PHD2 worked better and no Connection Time Outs.

I'd installed and reinsatlled the Hitec drivers and various other system settings but it was the cable itself.

Hope this helps anyone having similar Connection Time Outs.

Campbell

Archived