Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

astrotortilla and goto question

iwols

hi just going to start using astrotortilla and been using one of my images with the goto command to goto a a certain object but is there any where i can type in the object without using an image as an example,and if i used say stellarium sent the mount to the object and it was out would astrotortilla know what i was trying to centre if these two questions make sense cheers guys

You can set up Astrotortilla, Stellarium, your mount and camera together. I use it for my AXZ/CGEM-DX mounts with the various OTAs and cameras.

Works well.

This would let you 

1. select object within Stellarium
  2. use AstroTortilla to take image, plate solve and slew the mount closer to the selected target
  3. repeat 1 & 2 until with in 0.1 arc min ( the smallest error you can select within AstroTortilla) of the target selected in Stellarium.

You need: 

There is also a tutorial for AstroTortilla which will help speed up setup: Tutorial (Imaging): Setting up and Using AstroTortilla for Plate Solving ...

Archived