Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Philips Webcam error (Help!)

I have just started getting an error when I try to capture video using my Philips ToUcam Pro PCVC740K using Philips VRecord.

It previews fine. When I click ‘Start Capture’ I get the following error:

7507_normal.jpeg

I’ve downloaded and installed the latest driver from Philips and updated the DirectX driver from MS.

I can’t get K3CCD to play ball either.

I’m using XP. Any suggestions greatly received. Thanks.

Jon

A DirectX error would have been my first thought too. Do you have any other video capturing devices on the computer - perhaps a graphics card with a video input? It may be defaulting to the wrong device.

Thanks for the input Baskii :thumbright: No other video inputs that I can think of. This was all working last time tried it....

Bit of a mystery this :D

I can get other software to record OK. Just Philips and more annoyingly K3CCD that does not.

K3CCD does not even present the toucam as an option. I only get this (Microsoft WDM) :D

7520_normal.jpeg

(click to enlarge)

Jon, It's not going to help much, but that's how I select the SPC900 on both K3CCD tools and WXAstroCap. Give WXAstroCap a try, although it sounds like you may have problems in the WDM components themselves.

Nice workaround! :thumbright:

Just out of interest, if you click on "Video Source" in the Video Capture menu of K3CCD, what other sources do you see, if any?

Is WXAstroCap using the WDM driver as its source?

If so then it would seem that somehow the capture driver for the webcam has changed and this is causing the problem.

...if you click on "Video Source" in the Video Capture menu of K3CCD, what other sources do you see, if any?...

When I click on Video source, nothing happens at all. :D

WxAstroCapture uses: (as per bottom right of screen)

'Philips TouCam Pro Camera; Video (WDM:STREAMING)'

Click on video source, pick something random then ignore the error. Re-click video source and you can then pick the Toucam as it will have come back.

Kaptain Klevtsov

Thanks or the suggestion KK :thumbright:

As I said to Baskii, when I click on Video source, nothing happens at all. :D

(I assume you are referring to K3CCD)

Cheers

Jon

Archived