NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Vixen 103s on an neq6 pro

Hi all

Just need a little advise really. Ive just bought a second hand vixen 103s and it wont fit on my neq6 the puck seems too big as it fits perfectly on my eq2/3 as the clamping puck is smaller. Can someone advise me on what plate i need to get it to fit on my neq6 please because i have no idea. Thanks folks and clear skies to u all.

Two sizes are available:  Vixen and Losmandy type. The Losmandy style is 3" Wide, Vixen is a lot smaller.

So probably the dovetail on your Vixen 103s  is a Vixen style, the smaller one, cause normally Vixen of course is using Vixen type dovetails.
It is easy to change out though...just by a Losmandy type dovetail of the right length and mount it on your scope. :  https://www.firstlightoptics.com/dovetail-bars.html
Another option is to buy a Vixen Losmandy converter plate, but that is much more expensive.

Thankyou for the advise where to get one from waldemar and yes jonn my puck also fits two sizes but the angle that is machined away on the vixen dovetail isn't machined wide enough to fit in the eq6 puck. Ive just measured the length of the machined area on the dovetail and its 88mm and the clamping side of the puck is 118mm. I suppose I could take the dovetail to work and grind taper 15mm either side to make to 118mm (same as puck). Thanks for the info folks.

Maybe your puck is flawed ... sometimes that happens QC  is not too that great nowadays...

DIY  on a critical piece like that may cause your scope slipping out of the clamp, unless you have acces to proper machining tools like a router.
if not I would have it changed at a macining shop, and not have a try myself.

Another possibillity is that your dovetail is an odd size...

Archived