Asahi Pentax Super Takumar Zoom 1:45 70-150

xtreemchaos

any thoughts on this glass, I brought 1 off fleabay for 20 quid on impulse for my collection thismorrning, are thay any good ?, I love all the super-tak I have already I have 6 from 50mm to 400mm but this is the first zoom ive brought, I very much like using vintage lenses, in fact I have a number of modern lenses and I never use them.  clear skys thanks charl.

heres a blueprint of the internals.

stz_70~150_45_cutaway.gif 

thanks Julian, built in 1964 so I taken into account there might be a bit of dust and maybe the odd bit of fungus, but the guy I brought it off says it looks to be clear, it also comes, with a screw in adapter 2x barlow so you can get shots even closer,  comes with carry case and caps and booklet, so that's what I thought too bargain, worth taking a chance.  charl.

thanks Alan , same here I like the nice soild click when adjusting the stoppers and the weight of the all metal and glass construction, I just don't like the feel of modern plastic cased lenses, and the glass on these vintage lenses seams to be better unless your paying big bucks.  charl.

UPdate, it got here thismorrning, for being nearly 53 years old its in cracking condition, very clean optics nice smooth focus and zoom, it focuses on infinity great, just one problem the stopper don't seam to be working fully but ive sorted them before and sometimes thay sort themselves with use, I mean this lens might not of been used for a long time. I'm very chuffed with my £20 gamble, I do like a bargain. carnt wait to try it on something interesting.  clear skys, charl.

heres a few shots of the lens.

D.JPGDS.JPG

and a qwick shot of some sheep in the field at the back of my house, straight outa the camera through a closed window. the tinge is nothing to do with the lens, its from the anti uv film I have on my windows because of my Lupus condition.

IMG_0002.JPG

after a qwick fidle the stopper is working fully, I just kept moving it backwards and forwards a click at a time and after a minute or two there was a click and it now works as it should, that saves me dismantling it, must of been lack of use.

Archived