Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

My first real attempt at a DSO

narrowbandpaul

hello everyone

this is my first real attempt at a DSO...NGC7000 North American Nebula. It was taken this time last year. Captured and processed with ImagesPlus 2.82. WO ZS66 on an EQ6 with an unmodded 300D. 20x 2.5 mins. A bit of LP though

Hope you enjoy

7458_normal.jpeg

(click to enlarge)

Plenty of stars in there Paul, maybe one of the experienced processors will be along soon and give it a tweak for you. Look forward to seeing more of your work.

Archie

I worked at the uni last year doing a summer project with NGC2403. We had the use of a 16" LX200 and a unmodded 350D.

I pesent some of the images

First, M27 with some additional Ha data acquired using my Ha filter

7459_normal.jpeg

(click to enlarge)

Douglas came over for a night and brought his SXV H9, which we use today. We captured this M92 last year also

7460_normal.jpeg

(click to enlarge)

Hope you enjoy

Paul

Paul,

An ex-colleague of mine lives there. Sounds like a nice place. I gather you are getting the odd professional footballer or two moving in. :D

Closest I've been is on my way up to the east coast golf courses (I'm better at golf than I am at imaging). Next time I'm up that way, I'll probably try and visit my colleague and see what the place is like.

Mike

Nice images Paul and I like the re edit of NA neb. I don't know how many subs you used for the dumbell but if you had a few ImagesPlus has good stacking rejection filters which would remove the hot pixels. ImagesPlus also has a great LucyRichardson deconvolution routine which might work well on the glob

Archived