Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

mosaic workflow with mono ccd and rgb filters in sgp ??

iwols

hi following a previous thread about the orion neb being too large with my ed80 and atik 414ex ccd ,(i have sgp and at the minute pixinsight to work with) looks like doing a mosaic in sgp is the only way to go,just wondered what the rough workflow was when using a rgb filter,ie if i was doing a 4 pane mosaic do i have to process the rgb image for each pane and then stick the four  panes together or is there anotherway cheers,also does anyone have some files i can use to practice mosaic stitching as it looks like the weather isnt going to play ball cheers guys

Once you have all the various channels for all the mosaic pieces, I find that it is possible to rgb combine and then use the linear rgb images to mosaic together. this means you do all the linear processing on each channel first, so align each rgb panel, DBE, channel combine etc. Once RGB-ed then you can use the mosaic processing. If you find it difficult to match the panels because of gradients/backgrounds, then you may have to mosaic each rgb separately and then combine the 3 final mosaic channels, although I haven't had to do that yet.

Archived