Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

A start, but where next?

MattJenko

Circumstance led me to a session with Ha in the Flaming Star nebula region. Data has come out lovely, but I am not sure what to compliment this with. I am veering towards an HaLRGB type image as opposed to a narrowband one, and I would love to extend the image in a mosaic too! Thoughts?

FlamingStarRegion_Ha.jpg

The only way to get the Flaming Star in all its glory is in HaRGB or HaLRGB because the key component is a blue reflection nebula which won't pop in NB. You have a fine Ha layer already. The blue nebula, be warned, does not come easy.

Olly

18 hours ago, MattJenko said:

Circumstance led me to a session with Ha in the Flaming Star nebula region. Data has come out lovely, but I am not sure what to compliment this with. I am veering towards an HaLRGB type image as opposed to a narrowband one, and I would love to extend the image in a mosaic too! Thoughts?

I'm on the same target and wondering the same thing :)  I think it will come down to the weather and also phase of Moon - RGB needs there to be no Moon in the sky whereas NB can still work even with a 75% Moon (apart from the OIII perhaps). So weather might be the deciding factor for me, and tonight and tomorrow are forecast some hours of clear sky so RGB remains a possibility. Those with endless clear skies can just pick and choose of course :)

ChrisH

Archived