NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Butterfly Neb - IC 1318 - 130mmAPO + Canon 350D

jcm

Although the sky was not what you would call clear I had a go with the 130mm APO. I would have liked to have done longer subs but the high cloud was a problem. At F4.8 the background sky was very bright.

130mm APO at F4.8 , Canon 350D ( modded)

15 X 3 mins

John

post-13061-133877344219_thumb.jpg

lovely image...you have a 130mm F6 A&M...thats a seriously wonderful scope. I have had the pleasure of using the TMB 130F6.

Great pic

Paul

All we need now to go with our scopes is good seeing and darks skies. I am getting concerned about the lack of good imaging nights in the UK. I do have relatives in New Zealand - they might want a lodger :D

John

technically I dont own one, I am part of a 2 man imaging team. Douglas has the scopes and stuff, I acquire, focus, and process the images...

but yes wonderful scopes, and I too am concerned by the lack of imaging nights...do your relatives have more than one spare room...infact I'll sleep on the floor :D

Paul

That's real pretty!

As a matter of interest, the other night I found that the high cloud was moving very quickly, and was patchy. Using iso100 and 900 sec exposures I was able to capture the same amount of detail as in a 300 sec iso800 shot, but the slower resposne at iso100 meant the clouds did not really ruin the exposures.

Cheers

TJ

Archived