Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Waited a long time for this...

I've waited months for delivery of this small (expensive) piece of glass, it had better prove to be worthwhile! It's a Televue Large Field Corrector for my NP127is refractor, its job is to improve the edge performance when using a large sensor such as that in my Moravian G4-16000 camera.

IMG_1002_zps7olj8auu.jpg

ChrisH

I know the feeling of cloud Chris - We're under a constant blanket and all the forecasts are showing all red for a week..... never seen that before, even during the day.

Looking forward to what this little and inexpensive ( :D ) piece of glass will do :)

TeleVue are serious about what they do (and about what they expect you to pay them for doing it) so I suspect all will be well. Our skies are nice at the moment but with this amount of moon I go to bed!! I need to, as well, because I have been building all day and I'm getting much too old for it!

Olly

It took some searching to discover the corrector needs to be 2.67" in front of the 16803 sensor surface, there were no such details supplied with the corrector itself (nor on the TV website that I could find). I don't know why such simple info could not be included within the packaging. Glad I don't have to rely on TV to supply a suitable threaded spacer as that would be more time and money wasted, I just need to power the lathe up again :)

I'm part-way through several projects so I guess I'll have to wait until those are complete before fitting it. I get the feeling that overall image scale will likely be affected (and even if affected only slightly it would still make life very difficult stacking frames!).

I believe this lens is included in the optical train of their (Televue's) FLI camera+scope variant of the NP127is, that also uses a 16803 sensor so I do hope it works.

ChrisH

@ChrisLX200 you have just summed up what must be the bane of all of our lives - the lack of information about the various components required for this money pit

Along with the lack of consistency in any information that is provided - how can we compare, say, a mount with others when a single manufacturer does not provide the same information about each model, without opening weeks/months looking and asking people on the, and other, fora (plural of forums, or is it forii???? lol).

Archived