NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Laptop Red Screen Filter ???

The screen dazzling me at night even when turned down low, is really starting to do my head in :D .

I've been thinking along the lines of a sheet of clear red perspex or cellophane cut to my lappy screen size.

I've seen piccies with people at Star Parties with red filters over their screens, can these be bought off the shelf ready cut to size ?.

Any thoughts or experience would be much appreciated on this :D .

Although it looks like you've found a solution, another option could be to change the screen brightness in the BIOS. You can adjust these settings primarily to conserve power, but I use them at the lowest settings for use at night, mainly to stop the glare.

And I have 2 sheets. It is nice and thick. I also have black card and im going to make a full mask for the screen. When I eventually get round to it im going to post piccies up. Just remember that when the laptop initially starts up it will be 'normal' and not adjusted.

Archived