Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

EQMOD/NEQ^ Problems

mhard26339

I operate my NEQ6  set-up in a Pulsar dome remotely. I have operated relatively trouble free for 2 years however recently I have had problems in that: whenever I go to PARK it parks at 

Screenshot 2016-10-12 17.56.35(2).png

Even when I move (manually) the scope to  DEC 90 AZ 00 whenever I switch off and switch back on (Maxim) it is the same position whether I have parked or not!!!. If I PARK it goes to AZ 17:36:04, switching the mount on and off makes no difference either.

The original park position was:

Screenshot 2016-10-12 19.17.32.pngScreenshot 2016-10-12 19.17.32.png

The only thing that I did differently, or at least I think that I did differently was fit a Pole-master and Polar Align using that equipment; I know that it can not be that but!!! it is driving me crazy. I have flown back from Spain to fix but any ideas before I wipe the slate clean and start again. HELP!!

Regards

Mike

Hi Mike.

I'm afraid it you can't reference EQMOD park positions in terms of the reported Alt/Az coordinates. When EQMOD parks it moves to an absolute encoder position not an Alt/Az position. This is beacuse the Alt/Az coordinates are calculated from the RA/DEC coords which in turn are calculated from the encoder position but improtantly are subject to correction by any pointing model / sync that happens to be active. If you clear your EQMOD alignment model and/or sync data then I'm sure you will find the Alt/Az values retrun to +90, 0.

Chris.

11 hours ago, chrisshillito said:

Hi Mike.

I'm afraid it you can't reference EQMOD park positions in terms of the reported Alt/Az coordinates. When EQMOD parks it moves to an absolute encoder position not an Alt/Az position. This is beacuse the Alt/Az coordinates are calculated from the RA/DEC coords which in turn are calculated from the encoder position but improtantly are subject to correction by any pointing model / sync that happens to be active. If you clear your EQMOD alignment model and/or sync data then I'm sure you will find the Alt/Az values retrun to +90, 0.

Chris.

Thank you Chris, solved with one click of the mouse!! still I was getting fed up with all that sun, a bit of rain and a 20 deg drop in temperature is welcome !!

Regards

Mike

Archived