NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

NEQ6 Problems

mhard26339

I operate my NEQ6  set-up in a Pulsar dome remotely. I have operated relatively trouble free for 2 years however recently I have had problems in that: whenever I go to PARK it parks at 

Screenshot 2016-10-12 17.56.35(2).png

Even when I move (manually) the scope to  DEC 90 AZ 00 whenever I switch off and switch back on (Maxim) it is the same position whether I have parked or not!!!. If I PARK it goes to AZ 17:36:04, swithing the mount on and off makes no difference either.

The original park position was:

Screenshot 2016-10-12 19.17.32.pngScreenshot 2016-10-12 19.17.32.png

The only thing that I did differently, or at least I think that I did differently was fit a Pole-master and Polar Align using that equipment; I know that it can not be that but!!! it is driving me crazy. I have flown back from Spain to fix but any ideas before I wipe the slate clean and start again. HELP!!

Regards

Mike

The polar alignment will have moved the mount so according to EQASCOM, it will still think it's pointing in the right place. All you need to do is turn it off, manually move it to the home position, turn it back on and then in EQMOD, under park/unpark, select park to home but do not click park. Instead, click the sync button next to park/unpark. This will reset the mount's base coordinates and your custom position should then be accurate again. If it's not, you can just redo the custom position.

Archived