NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Results of a very unsucessful night of imageing :)

Dannyefc87

I got around 2 hours worth of exposures tonight but sadly only around 25 mins was any good, lots of tracking errors. I think its time to bite the bullet and get a guiding setup. Some nights I can get 4 min subs with my HEQ5 unguided unfortunately tonight wasn't one of those nights, I was throwing away 2/3 at 60 secs :( even after a nice sharp line on 6 min DARV. But anyway heres what I managed to come up with on a mix of 120 sec, 90 sec, and 60 sec subs on M31. 25 mins of exposure taken with Canon 100D, through an Equinox 80, mounted on HEQ5 Pro, ISO 400 and edited in Phtoshop CC.

2 different edits here, cant really decide which I like better :)

adromeda1.jpgandr2secondedit.jpg

Any comments/criticisms very welcome :)

Thx for looking. 

Some flats would help you even out the background then you'll be free to stretch the data properly. Agree that guiding is the way to go, it's not as hard as it first appears - just look at all the people using autoguiding, how hard can it be? :)

ChrisH

Yes definitely guide, it opens up the heavens to you! Get the QHY mini guidescope which weighs nothing, mate it with a qhy5l-ii guide cam and the HEQ5 won't notice a thing weight wise.

Archived