Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Upgraded HEQ5

Hi learned stargazing chums,

I put an advert on Astro buy sell (as well as on here) for a 2nd hand Heq5 Pro. Two people have contacted me. The thing is that one of them has an HEQ5 that's been upgraded to GoTo (i.e. the black version) whilst the other has the pre-installed GoTo (i.e. the white version). My questions are:

1. Will this be, in every way, as good as the the mount with the GoTo installed by the manufacturer (e.g. is the handset upgradeable to future versions of the software and so on)?

2. Would you value it less than the white version, even if it's only due to an aesthetic or gut feeling?

Thanks for your opinions.

Regards, Martin

I would have thought the only question re the "upgraded " version is how old is the mount ? I would have thought they both perform identically and are each as capable-do you want black or white. Personally if all things were equal I'd value the upgrade slightly less. :D

Karlo

The upgrade is the same components as the installed, except of course, that the owner does it. It is a simple operations to do.

In either case, check the version of the handset - V3 is flash upgradeable, V2 is not.

Thanks Karlo and Daz,

This was pretty much my understanding of things. Daz, I knew there was something about the handset that I had to take care with, thanks for reminding me of the specific issue.

Cheers, Martin

Archived