NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

NGC 891

orionoffelt

I went for Luminance on Sunday night and managed to get 9 x 10 minutes  then thought I would get some 15 minute subs to try and get more detail I got one then the clouds rolled in I have combined this with some old RGB from 2010 taken with my Canon 400D about 3.5 hours I might try and get some new RGB and more Luminance but this is it up until now. Scope Celestron 280 mm at prime focus cameras Canon 400D and a QHY9m.

Bob

CV_CV_ngc_891_8_10_subs_2_scnr_2_Rotate_registered+2.JPG

Yes Chris this was at F10 I think maybe the problem was poor old data from 2010 it was way out of line hence the black triangle top left I did not want to crop it anymore I might try to get some new RGB if I can and see if that helps I tried a bit more play with the stars maybe a little better ?

Bob

CV_CV_ngc_891_8_10_subs_2_scnr_2_Rotate_registered+3.JPG

Yes, it's better.  There seems to be a slight blue tinge to everything which I am sure can be fixed, and I am sure there should be some way of fixing the darker triangle although I don't know how.  Don't get me wrong, I think this a very nice image, particularly for f10.

Chris 

Archived