Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

My lunar cycle sequence updated.

johnfosteruk

Here's an updated version of the little sequence I'm hoping to complete with yesterday morning's job. Coming on nicely. The days with clouds represent days I tried to image but had... well... clouds, just for the record. Pretty lucky run considering UK weather, in September.

I think I'll add some text content for the kids/my own satisfaction. I've a few ideas for content rather a write up on the Lunar cycle but any thoughts welcomed. 

Also, I've kept the actual file pretty reasonably sized so I'd say worth a clicky to go full size. 

Clear Skies

Lunar Cycle WIP.png

Oh, and another one of the basic animations showing the position of the terminator moving over 4 days from the 10th - 14th.

Better than my first one I feel, less trippy weird rotational effect due to libration. No real value but it would be great to capture an image every day for a full cycle and animate it. Click to view animation if you miss it on loading as I forgot to set it to repeat!!

animation-60pc-to-96pc-waxing.gif

2 minutes ago, David Smith said:

Good set John. Are you aiming for a shot a 1% intervals!

While that would be great David I'm a realist :) Can't see that happening at all any time soon.

Besides, off on Hols on Monday and only taking a travel scope - we need clothes and stuff apparently, so no imaging at all for 5 days :eek:

Archived