Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

azeq6gt primary locking shaft

Longinthetooth

Hi folks,

I've deforked the LX200 and got a Skywatcher azeq6gt. Wee problem crops up! I can't use the "primary locking shaft" ....ahem.....the threaded dowel which screws into the underside of the mount. It's designed to work with the tripod, of course, and I'm sticking the mount on a pier inside the astrohut. The "primary locking shaft" is too long as it stands and I don't really want to cut it down and I don't have any nuts to fit it anyway. So can someone tell me what spec of threaded dowel I need to get to fit the underside of the mount? I don't think it's M10. Even better if someone knows where I can get some.....!

Cheers

JB

Yes - definitely M12. Our local department store has an old fashioned hardware department so I was able to get a bolt and nut to fit for 99p! I had tried what I thought was an M12 bolt before I posted and it didn't fit. The nuts to match it went on the skywatcher dowel but got stuck after a few turns. I then presumed it couldn't be M12. I'm so glad I was wrong! 

Incidentally I have the same pier adapter to connect the azeq6gt to my existing Astro Engineering pier. I'll have to turn the pier 90 degrees so the pattern of holes on the top of the pier matches the pattern on the adapter.....

Thanks again for the info gents!

John B

Archived