NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Synscan question

bendiddley

4 minutes ago, Davesellars said:

You can still use the Goto without doing an alignment of course but its accuracy will be dependant on your polar alignment.

The GoTo will not "go anywhere" without alignment set-up first , i.e. you need to input location , time and date etc before the mount will know where and when it is to start with.

If you have parked the scope after first doing a star align, then as long as you can set it up exactly the same when you used it before you parked it you would only have to set the date and time after confirming the location settings, and also told the mount you wanted to use it from the parked position again after switching on again on another session. Can do this on my Skywatcher discover Az Goto mount, so assume you can do similar on the EQ mount version. 

If you aren't concerned about goto then I was under the impression that the mount started tracking as soon as you clicked past the initialising screen on the HC, if so then as long as you've polar aligned the mount should track whilst relying on you manually directing the scope syntrek style. Without inputting any information it will simply work like a clock drive :happy7:

Archived