Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

A focal reducer that works on a Newtonian.

legion48

Well, on mine anyway. :shocked:

I finally had a chance to test my Antares 0.5x focal reducer on my 150mm F5 Newt last night. It works, both visually and for imaging, with a bit of in focus travel to spare. :lol: Mind you, I did use the shorter Toucam adapter. I don't think it would have had enough in focus with the standard adapter.

Here's 2 quick 5 second exposures of Gamma Cassiopeiae, the first without the FR and the 2nd with.

no-fr.jpg

fr.jpg

Looking at the images, I think the reducer is giving me closer to 0.7 reduction than 0.5, but I'll settle for that. :)

I have similar setup, 150mm f/6 newt, plus the Antares focal reducer, works well on mine too. How come I never get lovely spikes in my images, I just get blobs :oops:

What camera did you use ?

I have similar setup, 150mm f/6 newt, plus the Antares focal reducer, works well on mine too. How come I never get lovely spikes in my images, I just get blobs :oops:

What camera did you use ?

An SC1 modded Toucam.

Archived