Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Pixinsght Book

Marky1973

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 hours ago, Marky1973 said:

Definitely Simmo, its already teaching me a lot in terms of integration/calibration and the use of Masters - the BatchPreprocessing Script is quick and easy, but I didn't really learn much using it.

Hi Marky, I have tried Batchpreprocessing but found it a bit hit and miss, think ill stick to the long way round. I like to experiment or make a mess of the image, i learn more that way! lol

If you do image preprocessing "manually" first for some time, you'll develop an understanding. You can then adjust the parameters in BPP to suite your imaging.

Read Kellers book on this, a lot of good information in the PixInsight "bible"

Cheers,

19 hours ago, simmo39 said:

Hi Marky, I have tried Batchpreprocessing but found it a bit hit and miss, think ill stick to the long way round. I like to experiment or make a mess of the image, i learn more that way! lol

Definitely Simmo - i think the issue for me was BPP works, but I didn't know how or what it was really doing. I have read plenty on how the different calibration frames are used together, but couldn't really explain it back as I have never had to do it - feel a lot more informed now.

1 hour ago, wimvb said:

If you do image preprocessing "manually" first for some time, you'll develop an understanding. You can then adjust the parameters in BPP to suite your imaging.

Read Kellers book on this, a lot of good information in the PixInsight "bible"

Cheers,

I've learned masses and I am still only up to REGISTERING Images - not even started INTEGRATING my lights yet.... :-)

47 minutes ago, Marky1973 said:

By the way, the book is back in stock at Amazon if anyone was waiting

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Inside-PixInsight-Patrick-Practical-Astronomy/dp/3319256807

That is bizarre - I've had this on order from them for over a week and Amazon still say I won't get it until the 11th Oct, yet it is in stock? I've a good mind to cancel and re-order.

ChrisH

Archived