SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Whats the size of the thread on skywatcher counter weight bars?

As title really..

My machine guru has just done a blinder and produced me a counter weight to hang of my new tripod (for the hook under the main piller) threaded with a M8 bolt.. But I think with an adapter I could use this as a small counter weight screwed to the end of the counterweight bar...

20160909_123645.jpg

20160909_123707.jpg

Any ideas on the thread size. or where you could source a male/male M8 to M?? adapter?

Thanks

Fozzie

Skytee2 at the moment but im more looking at a future purchase of teleoptic mini for grab and go tripod/scope..  But if I can find a source then I can get the connectors sorted.. Have you seen the price of counter weights BTW... phhhheeeeeewwwwwww.

Pretty sure the SkyTee2 is M18 (or was that M16?) :p 
You can probably check by measuring the thread (diameter). ;)
Confirmed by getting a single SAMPLE bolt from an Ebay bolt supplier! :)

P.S. Just checked this - it was actually an *M16* bolt (thread size) after all!

7 minutes ago, Fozzie said:

Skytee2 at the moment but im more looking at a future purchase of teleoptic mini for grab and go tripod/scope..  But if I can find a source then I can get the connectors sorted.. Have you seen the price of counter weights BTW... phhhheeeeeewwwwwww.

Yip - eye watering, especially the fancy stainless steel jobs :eek:

According to this the EQ6 bar (which I think is the same as the SkyTee II) is 18mm diameter with an M12 thread: http://www.teleskop-express.de/shop/product_info.php/info/p5646_Counterweight-Bar-Extension-for-EQ6-Mounts.html

Archived