NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

NGC 6752 - Globular Cluster (very difficult target to process !)

jsmoraes

note: I think this message needs to be moved to Imaging-Deep Sky.  Moderators feel free to do it ! :huh2: I messed up !

I was giving up with this work when I searched at Internet images of this globular cluster.

For my surprise I didn't find many good photos. The amount of stars inside, behind and around, someones very faint, others very bright ... causes a visual perception of many false noises.

I know that my job has many noise, because of the hight sensor temperature. I know that it hasn't much data. So, the noise seems to be strong. Some of them are only faint stars with low data level.

The cluster is a very beautiful typical globular cluster, containing many hundreds of thousands of stars. It is distant around 13,000 light-years and is one of the oldest known objects in the Universe.

It roams the halo of our Milky Way galaxy. Over 10 billion years old.  100 light-years in diameter. With many stars formed by star mergers and collisions in the dense stellar environment at the cluster's core.

n6752-detail-k6.jpg

n6752-wide.jpg

n6752-detail-k9.jpg

note: 3 days trying to process for best noise reduction and visibility of faint stars. One of the most difficult work that I did. I think the result is well. A very beautiful image of this cluster can be seen at http://www.spiegelteam.de/NGC6752.htm. There, you will perceive what I mean about difficulties to process the faint stars.

Very nice images. The bright star at 2 o'clock looks very blue and provides a lovely colour contrast to (what I assume to be) the old red stars of the globular cluster itself. According to Sky Safari the star is HD 177999, a blue-white giant of spectral type B9. Again, great images.

It was done with GSO 305 mm - stock Canon 1100D - 8 x 150 seg (20 min) - OAG - Skyglow filter - Coma corrector. 

(what I assume to be) the old red stars

Yes, this cluster is very old. But it has many new stars formation by colision and merges. Ten billions years old... at the halo of Milk Way ... I suspect it was captured, maybe like Omega Centauro a remnant from old dwarf galaxy. Only suspection, although. 

An intriguing object, yes, it is ! 

Archived