Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Mucking about with Ha!

ian_bird

The thing about the Astrodon 3nm is that you just give the data a good stretch and then follow Processing Rule One, which is 'Look at the image to see what it needs.' You then conclude that it needs nothing and post it! That really isn't far from the truth. The fine details and high contrast are just 'there.' Also, you might think that a tighter bandpass would need more exposure time but, no, it's the opposite. I find a better S/N ratio in the 3nm than in the 7. I guess noise can be casually defined as 'what you don't want' and there is less of it in the 3.

A ridiculously good image!

Olly

Olly

Thank you!

"A ridiculously good image!"

Now that is a compliment and a half! ;-)

And you have really nailed it on the head with your description of Astrodon 3nm imaging. That was exactly how it went!

I haven't had so much fun and satisfaction doing Astro Imaging since the last time I was at your place!

3nm has totally revolutionised my imaging. Where I am it is so light polluted that LRGB is a waste of time. I used to do it
as a technical test to make sure everything was working when I got down to your place. The results were usually only worthy
of a one way trip to the bin. But now - I'm loving it!

Thanks again Olly for the advice and encouragement. It means a lot!

Love as always to Monique!

Cheers

Ian

Thanks Peter

I still have to pinch myself to believe that came from a single 1800 second sub!

I have a long way to go to get into Sara's territory. But I am chuffed to bits with my first few steps.

Cheers

Ian

Archived