Celestron C6-N

spillage

Hi All,

My c6-n struggles to allow my dslr to get focus and I was wondering if the easiest option would be to reduce the length of the tube. I okay with tools and cutting tubes as I used to install air conditioning pipes.

Can I just remove the focuser and put in the camera until I get focus then measure the difference and cut this off.

Can you go too far?

Cheers

Spill.

Chopping the tube down might be a bit drastic. The first thing to check is the method you use to connect the camera to the focuser.  The most recent version of the C6 uses a 1.25"/2" crayford focuser which should allow direct camera connection with just a t-ring and the older versions with a rack and pinion 1.25" focuser should have a t-thread on the focuser tube. Unscrew the eyepiece holder and attach a t-ring onto the end of the focuser. If you can post a couple of photos of the telescope focuser it might help. The other option is to use longer collimation bolts and springs to move the primary closer to the secondary to achieve focus. This method is easier to do and reversible. 

Ahhhhhh!!!!

Thanks all now I see...I have taken that part off before but never noticed that it also splits into two parts.

Well all I can say it that you have saved me butchering my scope. I have added photos just in case anyone else needs this info.

cheers

Spill.

IMG_1032.JPG

IMG_1033.JPG

IMG_1034.JPG

IMG_1035.JPG

IMG_1036.JPG

IMG_1037.JPG

Archived