Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Minicam 5S problems

Hi all

Just wondering if anyone has a qhy minicam 5s mono (or 5f) and has managed to get it working under Win 10 (64bit)? Mine was working under Win 8.1, albeit with a few bugs, but since upgrading the other day, can't get it working with either the native or Ascom drivers :(. Of course I downloaded the latest drivers and apps. I've posted on the qhy forum but responses tend to be a bit slow...

Any help or suggestions gratefully received!

Thanks

Louise

Hi Louise,

Does it show up correctly in control\Panel devices ??  if not the drivers may not have installed correctly. For Win 10, most stuff needs to either be installed by running as administrator or re-booting the PC into 'disable driver protection' mode...

38 minutes ago, Dr_Ju_ju said:

Hi Louise,

Does it show up correctly in control\Panel devices ??  if not the drivers may not have installed correctly. For Win 10, most stuff needs to either be installed by running as administrator or re-booting the PC into 'disable driver protection' mode...

Hi Julian

I'll double check all the above later! The minicam is selectable in the ezcap_qt app using the native driver but then crashes if you try to do an exposure. Doesn't connect in APT using the Ascom driver. I tried with just a plain old qhy5l-ii mono and that works fine, as does an eos 1100d, so that's something. I take it you mean running the driver installation progs as administrator? I can try... qhy aren't noted for having superb drivers and I can't find any mention of Windows 10 compatibility on their website. As yet no reply on their forum... I could maybe try Bern at Modern Astronomy.

Many thanks

Louise

4 hours ago, Dr_Ju_ju said:

Hi Louise,

If as you say the minicam is seen by the native software, then try running that software as administrator as well...

Hi again

Nothing seems to work, unfortunately :( I've been trying on a different computer (32-bit Win 10) but I can't get any of the qhy apps to capture images. Neither APT, PHD2 or Sharpcap 2.9. The only thing I've been able to get an image from is EZPlanetary which sees it as a plain old qhy5l-ii mono. It's looking like I'll have to abandon it for now :(. Maybe qhy will sort it out one day. Maybe never! It's frustrating, after all, most people will have upgraded to Win 10. Sigh.

Thanks anyway

Louise

Just a quick update. Luotong at qhy sent me a new beta ascom driver and a new beta of ezcap_qt last week. The ascom driver seems to work ok with APT but I've not yet tried out the ezcap. Still, having APT running is the main thing! :)

Louise

Archived