NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

2016-07-11 - White sun sketch

N3ptune

I felt like drawing the spots on the interesting sun today, so I share the sketch now (: it was a fun observation.

I could see some texture less worm like shape in the the granulation like in detail "A", for the first time. (Kind of things I usually see on sketches using Lunt telescope)

So it's great (;

k6Ct68V.png?1

24 minutes ago, N3ptune said:

I felt like drawing the spots on the interesting sun today, so I share the sketch now (: it was a fun observation.

I could see some texture less worm like shape in the the granulation like in detail "A", for the first time. (Kind of things I usually see on sketches using Lunt telescope)

So it's great (;

k6Ct68V.png?1

Very nice sketch, I've never done solar observations but it certainly looks interesting.

I like how your sketch is very clear on what you saw and with the added info gives a very accurate representation good job ?

Richard

thanks Richar, Laudropb and Michael ((:

Michael, which one is the new spot ? My last sun inspection was 1 month ago! 2016-06-13. I suspect the big one on top could be an old one from 1 month ago but I can't be sure of that, physically it's similar but it's position is totally different.

Archived