Milky Way - North to South

2 minutes ago, uhb1966 said:

Great Shots! But... where are our life-depending infos? ISO, exposure, effective FL? B)B)B) (I guess you used your 18-55 at setting 18FL?)

OK OK :happy11: 

Tamron 16-300 at 16mm F3.5 10 secs ISO 1600. Obviously a great deal of overlap on shots to give ICE a chance to stitch. 

Hi yes it is a new lens and is on the front end of my camera most of the time now, as you say an awesome range. Designed specifically for cropped sensors   Tamron 16-300mm F/3.5-6.3 Di II VC PZD.  . Quality is not Canon L but it is far superior to my old kit lenses.

18 minutes ago, davefrance said:

Hi yes it is a new lens and is on the front end of my camera most of the time now, as you say an awesome range. Designed specifically for cropped sensors   Tamron 16-300mm F/3.5-6.3 Di II VC PZD.  . Quality is not Canon L but it is far superior to my old kit lenses.

That's a fantastic range. I'm off to see if they have it in Nikon flavour. Stunning images too nice and sharp. 

18 minutes ago, johnfosteruk said:

That's a fantastic range. I'm off to see if they have it in Nikon flavour. Stunning images too nice and sharp. 

Yes, I am sure there is a Nikon flavoured one.

23 minutes ago, uhb1966 said:

Hm... only 10 secs with a lens that is not that fast... you must have had a very clear sky to get such a clear milky way!

They don't call it the Quercynoise dark skies triangle for nothing.:icon_biggrin:

1 hour ago, uhb1966 said:

Thanks B) Is the Tamron new? 16 to 300 is an awesome range! Got to google that lens right away.

1 hour ago, johnfosteruk said:

I will put some test photos in the photographic section, you can judge for yourself.

9 minutes ago, johnfosteruk said:

Cheers Dave. I do love to shop for lenses, especially with that kind of range.

It's taking some time to upload as I have not compressed the files. ZZZZZzzzzzz

3 hours ago, uhb1966 said:

Come on... let it out.. you moved there on purpose for its dark skies :)

Honestly didn't know at the time, we just fell in love with the area. It was quite a surprise when we looked up and saw how beautiful the skies are. 

Archived