Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

The Messier Project

Stub Mandrel

4 hours ago, Mark at Beaufort said:

That is a great project Neil and @geoflewis. Up until last month I had only observed M6 and M7 from Spain. I was on holiday on Hayling Island and easily saw these Messier objects in my 12x70 binos. So you can see them without leaving the UK.

The most difficult objects I found was M69 and M70 so in hindsight I wish I had taken my Heritage 130P last month.

M70 is very low Mark, had the scope on here from the observatory but is only about 13/14 degrees high, will be a tester in England,

Alan

27 minutes ago, Stub Mandrel said:

The main thing for me is... my photos from 2015 - 16 aren't a patch on my ones from 2019 so in one way it could be a never endiong project of continual improvement. My M78, for example, is awful!

I'm finding the same Neil, so have also been updating old crappy versions with better ones, but likely it will be a never ending project.....

• Like 1