Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

4 sketches 1 session!!!

Richard Hather

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, N3ptune said:

I like your sketches Richard, really nice!

What kind of paper and pencil are you using to do that? I would like to try very much. Is it special paper and pencils?

Thanks for sharing.

Hi N3ptune, thank you for your kind comments ☺️

I try to show an accurate yet beautiful representation of what you see through the EP.

I find instead of using circles to represent the EP using the full page allows a lot more freedom and for me is easier to represent what I see through the EP.

I use A5 Seawhite sketch paper due to the paper being thick.

I use Derwent sketching pencils 3B,2B,B,HB,H and 2H.

Primarily I use the 2H to sketch all the stars in and use varying degrees of pressure to show different brightness for different stars and structure for the DSOs.

I also use Derwent rice paper stumps to achieve the dust and shade effect around nebula and galaxies.

What I also find comes in handy is a kneadable eraser for rubbing away some of the shading and reapplying were needed.

Once I'm happy with my sketch it's a simple case of scanning the sketch and then processing it through photoshop.

I usually sharpen the sketch and then invert the image so the white becomes black and black becomes white.

Here is my original sketch, any questions don't hesitate to ask ☺️

Richard

Just had a glitch on the website made me post a previous comment ?

Has Lee already mentioned each to there own I'm sure you will find the way your most comfortable with ☺️

For me I want something that represents what I see and is pleasing to look at, I want to look at a sketch I've produced and get that feeling I had when observing it.

Good luck and clear skies ✨??☄??

Richard

19 hours ago, Richard Hather said:

For me I want something that represents what I see and is pleasing to look at, I want to look at a sketch I've produced and get that feeling I had when observing it.

The sketch immortalise the feeling, it's impossible to forget the moment after (((: Sketching is the greatest thing (;

Archived