Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Revelation !5x70 bins

Hi guys I have a pair of revelation astro 15x70 bins but I have a problem with them. when I focus on an object say a planet I see a double image, its frustrating I'm wondering if this means they need collimating or adjusted somehow. can anyone let me know if this can be fixed or if I will have to put up with it as it is. thanks. Scott 

I have the same binoculars without  the same issue as yours.

Their not my favourites for  astronomy anymore, preferring  lower powered wide angle binoculars, hence my 8x40s by Helios .

With 15x70s being so  popular for astronomy, I'm sure something  will suffice  for your needs. 15x70s just don't  provide me with enough details on anything  in the nightsky except  the Moon,  their more suited to my daylight  terrestrial  requirements  . 

Double check your 15x70s just  to make  sure the physical  components  have not been displaced/knocked out of alignment. I recently discovered my very old but faithfull 7x50s were showing a double  image, and on inspection, the left objective barrel was mis-threaded, how, l have not discovered, possibly dropped by someone in the household? But unscrewed,  re-fitted, their good  again,  but too much exit pupil for my older eyes now? 

Archived