Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

DSLR for portable setup

matt-c

I'm looking for a DSLR as part of my portable setup while the CCD stays at home. Hopefully with an autoguider I'm able to get about 10mins laptop free in a nice dark place.

Trouble is I want a low noise DSLR which can be difficult, from my reading the 600d seems to be well regarded for low noise as well as the 100d but these are off old threads, is it still relevant?

Is there new information suggesting other wise? Or perhaps even a newer model? (Ideally without getting into CCD money) or finally maybe my good old 1000d is still up for the task? 

I'm not clued up on DSLRs at all as I've mainly been wanting to upgrade my ccd so any help appreciated.

Cheers

Matt

Anything from the last 5 years or so should be ok.

The very best will cost more, Canon 7DMK2 or 6D will blow most away, both these have good red responce without modding.
Cannot help with Nikon but theirs are most likely as good or may be better than Canon in some cases.

For a portable setup I would opt for a camera with flip out screen the 600D is decent but the later 650D and 700D betters it for noise as will the 750D I expect. If you want higher performance then the 60D, 70D and 80D are worth a look however the 80D will cost almost as much as a 7D 11 but It does better it in a few areas and has a few more features.

Alan

Archived