Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Carry handles for a solid tube dob

Does anyone have any recommendations for some heavy duty carry handles for a 12" solid tube dob?  I find manoeveuring the beast a little cumbersome at times so am looking to attach some decent handles, but I'm struggling to find anywhere that sells heavy duty threaded jobs that will accept an order quantity of 2!!

Any ideas?  I seem to recall someone had a sling-like setup that looked quite neat.  But I can't find anything like that on the market.

Thanks

Paul

You need to buy some short M8 hex bolts to fit them with, Paul. The ones I bought were 10mm black bolts but I needed 2 washers on each inside the OTA to stop the bolt bottoming out inside the handle.

Hi !i have used 2inch webbing around the tube and joined with a wood broom handle. And put a small bolt with washers and nuts to tighten them to avoid slipping. Cut the webbing too long to allow for tightening .  Old seat belts are useable.  I hope this will give you food for thought.  !!!! 

All the best,John.

On 14/06/2016 at 08:43, sungazer said:

Hi !i have used 2inch webbing around the tube and joined with a wood broom handle. And put a small bolt with washers and nuts to tighten them to avoid slipping. Cut the webbing too long to allow for tightening .  Old seat belts are useable.  I hope this will give you food for thought.  !!!! 

All the best,John.

I used one of these on an 8" dob, had to wrap it round twice though because it was far too big. Never tried it on my 12" because it's a truss.

http://www.velcro.co.uk/products/ties-and-straps/100702__carry-strap#/?color=2f0946dde4d8407b96fdb976c147323a&shape=7d82aa5b97df47cbb63519d9210586e4&size=50mm x 1.8m

Archived