Do long ep's fit in the t-ring adapter?

Peco4321

Looking at buying a 6mm EP and quite interested in the long eye relief ones but not sure if I will be able to put them in the adapter that came with my t ring so I can try and take pictures through it. Any ideas or experience from anyone?

image.png

image.png

Peter. As far as I'm aware eye pieces will not fit a t ring adapter,  only barlow lenses , the only way to photo through an ep is A focal.

Also shop around for ep's quality is worth  paying for with ep's 

Nige

Personally I prefer to photograph at prime focus for DSO's , the only time I use barlows is for planetary imaging. Then sometimes I use 2 barlows stacked, there's plenty of light coming from  the planet's to allow for the loss .

Around 50% of light is lost through a barlow lense and tracking has to be spot on to get a good image. Quality of image is also lost with barlows so a DSO is better taken at prime and then cropped during processing. 

I hope this helps.

Nige.

Thanks guys. I'm thinking planetary and lunar as I don't have tracking, yet!  I can get both 25 and 10mm EP's in the adapter as per pictures and have got images and AVI 's of the planets ok so am hopeful other EP's will fit as well. 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

That is an interesting approach to photography :)

I can't answer your question but I have one of the 6mm eyepieces from your pictures and it is 75mm long and 35mm wide with its eyecup rolled down, if that is of any help.

As an aside, whilst it is not the world's greatest eyepiece it is surprisingly good for the money.

Ahh, you're performing eyepiece projection, not afocal photography.  Remember, you need an eyepiece that projects a flat image, not a curved one, for this approach to work well for large objects.  That's probably why the edges of the moon blur.

Archived