NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

My EQ6 died last night.

MikeD

I am just curious as to how you can simulate guiding in daylight. I know the answer will probably be glaringly obvious, but Sad to say, not to me. :)

I just have visions of Mike with a picostar taped to his head, shuffling across his garden at sidereal rate :lol:

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am just curious as to how you can simulate guiding in daylight. I know the answer will probably be glaringly obvious, but Sad to say, not to me. :)

I just have visions of Mike with a picostar taped to his head, shuffling across his garden at sidereal rate :lol:

:laughing3: :laughing3: :laughing3:

I can't, but the if the mount will except goto comands from the PC it will except guiding comands. :lol:

As it was the mount wouldn't even track, the motors were getting nothing from the circut board at all.

Mike.

I see, thanks Mike, I should have caught your reply before laughing at SteveL's description of your method of simulating a guide star. :)

Ron. :lol:

Unexpected clear patch last night, so I took the opportunity to make sure all was well with the EQ6.

This shot was guided using the replacement control board for the EQ6 Andrew G very kindly gave me.

Conditions were not great for imaging but I managed 7 x 7 Min's of very nicely guided Ha subs before the thickening clouds and quickly dewing mirrors stopped play.

7017_normal.jpeg

(click to enlarge)

Mike.

Archived