Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Full Moon Revisited 25th November 2015

Aussie Dave

Now that I'm feeling more confident with AP software I revisited perhaps my one and only successful lunar imaging session with the Nikon D3100 DSLR with the Skywatcher Pro150 that I stumbled across tonight from the 25th November 2015, way back when I was in the infancy of AP.

Prime focus, ISO 100, 15 frames through PIPP from 19 frames total, stacked in AS!2, wavelets in RS6 and finished in PDN. Cropped and then resized 50% to retain detail (what there was of it).

DSC_0847_pipp_g3_b3_ap1 15f 19t SW150Pro 25th Nov 2015 D3100 50p Final.png

nice one Dave, tha good old days mate. it shows the crater rays lovely, tycho must of been hell of a impact the rays nearly go hafeway around the moon, if you invert the image thay will show up even more. well done.charl.

Michael you should be able to bring out some colour in your shots with saturation in your image editor unless you have overexposed shots. You don't have to adjust it much.

I'm no expert but I'm finding with all my AP work, capturing underexposed works much better with processing.

Even with a slightly overexposed shot I find that if I work with levels and make the image a light wishy washy grey colour, even bringing down contrast and brightness to a degree can help and work from there. It doesn't matter if the black night sky goes lighter, you can get that back later.

In my star field shots I'll often use auto levels which will almost whiten the whole stacked image and I then work backwards from there.

Archived