Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

IC1396 re-processed

halli

Hi Everyone

I have been experimenting with my RGB and Ha data for IC1396.  

Having had some success when combining Ha as a luminance with RGB for some other images, I though I would do the same  for my IC1396 data.  Previously I had introduced the Ha into the red channel with no luminance. 

It seems to bring out a lot more detail when combining Ha as a luminance.  

Its got some coma in top right which I believe is due to the CC not sitting totally square in the focusser - 2 crappy tube screws on 130pds!

Comments very welcome ! 

Thanks

Ian

IC1396_130pdscc_383_nodarks_Ha_moredata_HaRGB_CT 1.JPG

Thanks for the comment  Rob - I must admit I did find it difficult to work out how much to saturate the  red  !  

I guess it depends on how trigger happy you are at the time .  I 'll tone it down a tad 

Here is the result of recombining and toning it down.  Looks less like the devil's inferno now !  Although I still am not sure how much to go in this direction.   Help !

I guess the trouble about re-processing something is that there is a natural tendency to take it too far.  

Anyway looks like there will be clear skies in reading tonight and tomorrow so may try and target more emission nebula to add to my red stable   :icon_biggrin:

IC1396_130pdscc_383_nodarks_Ha_moredata_Hargb_CT2.JPG

Archived