Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Roller cases for mount

View2

Well I took out the ieq30 mount with my 127 millimeter refractor triplet and there was a lot of vibration even when ballanced. I also had to use the counterweight extension bar to get the scope to balance an RA. I think it is just too long, havy and taxing the limits of the 30 pound payload mount. The dovetail is also too short to accommodate the torque of a 4 foot long scope like this with 2" EPs. I think I will be upgrading to the ieq45 pro, with the 6 inch long dovetail. I think that's the main problem is the dovetail is too short on the ieq30 for a long 20 lbs scope that needs one focal extender tube to focus and using 2-inch eyepieces. Ioptron said they're up for the swap. I was wondering if anybody has had similar experiences?

4 minutes ago, View2 said:

Can anyone recommend a roller case for an iEQ45p and counterweighas? Else it'll take 3 trips to car for setup, doable but I'm lazy

I was looking at something like this when I had my eq5: http://www.charliesdirect.co.uk/gioiello-aluminium-tool-case-with-trolley

you'll have to double check dimensions and they are out of stock, but might give you an idea.

Archived