Metal Lens Tripod Collar Mount Ring

bluemaxroe

Hi All,

Does anyone have one of these or similar.    (see image)

I am thinking of using 2 of these for mounting a 60mm guidescope.    i know the diameter of the tube is 65mm.   but i cannot find the internal diameter of these things to know which version to choose to get that internal dimension.

I am using these because i do not want to use the "3 screw" version guide rings.   

Any one got any of these types of rings that they could measure the internal dims for me?

Capture24.JPG

I have the genuine lens foot for the Canon 70-200 mm F4 and measured it at 64.5 mm closed what I have seen on some sites is that the internal id is 67mm so its close to your requirements. There are much cheaper clones about that should work even if you have to modify the thickness of the rubber a little.

Alan

Did you find you had to pack out the munsen rings?     i think i see something extra from you final setup pictures on the PST mod.      Was thinking of munsen rings, but they dont have the easy release feature.   

Archived