Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

How do you use filters in a practical way during observation?

David Knisely has several articles posted through Prairie Astronomy Club. That's where he hangs his hat. The PAC has quite a few excellent articles and such out. Very worthwhile to pay a visit. David has said it's fine to re-publish his material. He only asks to be given credit for such. He's a nice guy. I've had occasion to speak/type with him before.

I've got my filter-arsenal ready for Mars - if these clouds ever get out of my way that is..... :clouds1:

Have fun!

Dave

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Linda said:

That's the one. I found it very useful.

Thanks for posting the link so that people can read the correct story and not my recollection of it.

No problem.

Interestingly, David K does not think the Astronomik O-III a great O-III because of it's rather generous band pass width but I disagree with him on that one having lived with the Astronomik for a few years !.

I capitulated around a year back and moved over to his 2 most recommended deep sky filters, the Lumicon O-III and the DGM NBP UHC-type. They are very effective of course :icon_biggrin:

Archived