Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

editing software

Free, Deep Space Stacker (DSS) to create that raw stacked image from the images I took.

Then for processing that file I use (not free) StarTools and PaintShopPro. But these are both very reasonably priced.

Free editing software GIMP.

I do my AP with camera lenses and the intial processing is in Camera RAW, no darks, no flats and no bias., just dithered images.

The TIFs from Camera RAW are combined in Registar and then I do intial real processing in Pixinsight, and finish off in PS CC.

Pixinsight exclusively

I used DSS and GIMP for a while but then decided to bite the proverbial bullet and invest in a proper tool. Had the choice between PixInsight and Photoshop.

Pixinsight is an initial larger investment (€ 230) than PS (monthly fee). The advantage is that in the long run it should be cheaper. Plus it is dedicated for astrophotography and has all the tools necessary.

Archived