Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

2 scopes, one mount.

OK, I'm sure this has been done before with much more success than I'm having. :smiley:

I have an AZ-EQ6 mount, a SE6 OTA and a Skywatcher ED80 (Black Diamond). The ED80 has the guide-scope on it.

I have a dual mount bracket (shaped like an H and pretty robust) so that I can mount both scopes at the same time. Yup, works a charm, except..

Is there a reasonable way to have both scopes aligned so they are fairly close to pointing to the same star?

Just looking for some sort of procedure that people have used to get things all pointing in the same direction.

Thanks

Ha, got in before me!

I will ask though, are you using the ED80 as a guide 'scope, or is it a second imaging 'scope with a guider piggy-backed on to it? I'm not clear why you want the two 'scopes to be accurately aligned, as for guiding they don't have to be.

The ED80 is an imaging scope with a Orion Mighty-mini autoguider on it. I want to use the SE6 OTA mainly for planetary imaging unless I get a newish camera for imaging.

I'd like to have the 2 scopes aligned so that I could image the same object with 2 scopes. Yeah, kinda ambitious I guess but...... :wink:

33 minutes ago, brantuk said:

I think you may benefit from one of these on one side of the "H":

You will need a dovetail plate to bolt the lighter of your two scopes onto. Hth :) l

The "H" I have is essentially 3 dovetails in the shape of an H. Unfortunately, not a lot of "fine" adjustment on it.

1 hour ago, xtreemchaos said:

i have my ed80 in guide scope rings so i can aline with main scope. clear skys  charl.

That might work. Would be easier than rings for the SE6 :smiley:

Archived