Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Pixinsight problem

When I decided to reprocess my old M42 data in pixinsight instead of dss I got this weird artifacts. Can someone help me out

https://goo.gl/photos/US3D23ZN5idDHUog6

These are the images of the screen 

I'm getting that weird dark path in the center a bright ring and again little dark then once again the corners r lit up

I've also calibrated flat frames but it doesn't just work

Do you have a picture of the master flat you are using?

To my eye, with very limited PI experience, it looks like the flat you are using may not be up to the job and also it appears that ABE is not removing the gradients.

Have you tried processing using DBE instead and seeing what result that throws out at you?

I'm no expert but have you colour calibrated the preview box 2 rather than the whole image?

also did you do a background neutralisation before the calibration routine?

Some time ago (2016) in this forum, I saw some stunning images where the image after stacking had a pattern similar to what your image shows. That image cleaned up very well.

I believe the trick was to use Pisinsights DBE process several times. Unfortunately I can't find the original post, but it should be under the deep sky imaging sub-forum.

You can always post your image on the Pixinsight forum as a processing challenge.

Good luck

DBE seems to work for me when I get similar issues. I run DBE on the final calibrated, registered and stacked image before any further processing. As I stretch the image to bring out the detail afterDBE, if I start getting too much background gradient coming out I run it again later in the process, usually (not always) works together with a bit of touch up using SCNR if there is a strong colour tone to the background afterwards. Try Harry's Astroshed tutorial on You Tube - last for about 8 minutes and gave me the skills I needed (thanks Harry!). Search for Harry Page, DBE, Pixinsight on Youtube.

Hi

your flats do not appear not to be working well as I can still see a lot of vignetting in your stack

also ABE does not work well when there is a lot of " stuff " about , DBE is what you need

If you can supply the raw stacks for inspection I could have a look

Harry

Sorry, but all I see in your linked folder is 3 jpeg images. These are not RAW images. Did you have your camera in RAW mode? For Canon the file extension is .CR2 and for Nikon it is .NEF I believe.

Archived