NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Moon & Jupiter 19/6/08

This is a hand held shot (well,propped against the door frame) of the Moon and Jupiter as they broke cover from behind a cloud bank. Jupiter is up in the Gods out East in the frame and has been circled............. Otherwise you would never find him! :grin:

Cheers

CW

Click as usual.

CW

I got to say I'm impressed with the amount of Moon detail that you have been able to capture.

Can you give more detail of equipment/settings used.

Paul

This image was taken with a Canon 450D using a Canon 90-300 mm EF lens set at 120 mm. A manual exposure of 1/100 sec. @ f5.6 with an ISO rating of 400 was used. The second highest image recording quality level was set which gives approx 12 megapixels and produces a frame measuring 150.71 cm x 100.47 cm or 4.9' x 3.2' in old money! :grin:

I haven't had the 450D for very long and I'm still learning the ropes but so far I'm very pleased with it's performance. The images taken contain a wealth of data when used for astrophotography. As an example I'll attach a crop at full scale of the above image showing the Moon only. Auto colour has been applied in Photoshop which brings out more detail. It also makes the image a bit bright so this was reduced with curves.

Flippin 'eck! :shock: I think this is one of the longest replies I've made so I hope the info' is of help! :lol:

Cheers

CW

Click as usual.

CW

Thanks for your record breaking reply lol.

I'm still gob smacked, I know for a fact I can't get anywhere near this level of detail with my old Nikon D70.

The DSLR game has really moved on,looks like an upgrade is due.

Impressive shot at 400 ISO.

The equipment is only as good as the operator ~ great "manual" shot

Paul

Archived