NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Pros & Cons

28 minutes ago, Bino Pete said:

I've looked at the Baader zooms - it says the one eyepiece is both 1.25 and 2" - is it a 1.25" with a 2" adaptor or the other way round? Are zoom eyepieces a good eyepiece in general though?

Hi Pete,

It means it comes with 1.25 & 2.00 inch nose pieces that can be unscrewed and changed and used with a 1.25 or 2.00 diagonal, so best of both worlds really.

They are very good eyepieces and I would also recommend you getting a 2 inch visual back - it future proofs the telescope and makes  using the scope for visual more rewarding.

Hope that helps,

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dual-fit EPs are just 1.25s with a wider fitting for convenience.

I got Revelation Astro Superview 2 inch EPs - 50, 42, 30mm.  If you get one, I'd favour the 50 - it gives a slightly smaller mag at a slightly larger TFOV than the 42.  For lower focal lengths, you could just use your 1.25s.

Doug.

Edit: The Revelations are nice EPs - at very sensible prices!

16 minutes ago, cloudsweeper said:

I got Revelation Astro Superview 2 inch EPs - 50, 42, 30mm.  If you get one, I'd favour the 50 - it gives a slightly smaller mag at a slightly larger TFOV than the 42.  For lower focal lengths, you could just use your 1.25s.

Doug.

I agree, they are excellent low power eyepieces for the money, and your long focal length will mean they would perform very well.

But if you can only afford one good EP for now, I'd second the Baader zoom. Its excellent for the cost, and, although I have recently upgraded to a Pentax SMC zoom, the Baader is probably the best bang per buck value on the zoom market at the moment.

Dave

3 hours ago, cloudsweeper said:

Doug.

Is this your diagonal Doug?

https://www.harrisontelescopes.co.uk/acatalog/Revelation_Quartz_Dielectric_Diagonal_SCT.html#SID=566

If yes, Like the other one I wouldn't need any other adaptor?

and are you happy with the diagonal and eyepieces?

2 hours ago, Bino Pete said:

Is this your diagonal Doug?

https://www.harrisontelescopes.co.uk/acatalog/Revelation_Quartz_Dielectric_Diagonal_SCT.html#SID=566

If yes, Like the other one I wouldn't need any other adaptor?

and are you happy with the diagonal and eyepieces?

Yes, Pete, that's it, and that's where I got it from! Both it and the EPs are great, and it comes with an adaptor, so you can easily use 2 and 1.25 EPs.

Doug.

Archived