NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Set point cooling DSLRs experiences

AlistairW

Hello,

I have an astro modded Cannon 500D with set point cooling. Anyone else using one of these ? - I am currently rattling off a set of darks at 0 degrees\600s\ISO800. Just wondering what other peoples experiences are ?

Thanks

Alistair

Hi Alistair

I have a mono 550d with manual set point cooling. I've not had it very long but so far it seems to perform quite well. I've been running it at +4 deg which has been fine with darks (plus other calibration frames). I've not done any very long exposures with it but there's no reason why sub length should have any affect.

Louise

If your sensor temperature is 0C you should not have to use darks as long as you dither:icon_biggrin:

Anything below +10C might be fine too, but depends on the camera.

If you're interested in not wasting time on darks anymore i suggest you try to stack the same set of images with and without darks and see if there is a difference.

50 minutes ago, Xplode said:

If your sensor temperature is 0C you should not have to use darks as long as you dither:icon_biggrin:

Anything below +10C might be fine too, but depends on the camera.

If you're interested in not wasting time on darks anymore i suggest you try to stack the same set of images with and without darks and see if there is a difference.

Hi

Well I made darks libraries when I first got the camera :). I've not checked to see whether using the darks make a difference (hardly had any opportunities to use it :( ) but I'll have a look when I get the chance.

Thanks

Louise

Archived