Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

I have a Nexstar SLT 130 telescope the wife got for me for Christmas. The problem I have is the spirit in the bubble level is evaporating, the scope hasn't been dropped its just going.

Could anyone tell me where I can get a replacement please.

Many thanks Danny

You can use an ordinary spirit level to set up your tripod. Level between two legs first, then turn the spirit level at 90o and, from the center of the mount, level towards the third leg. Secure the mount/scope on top and you're good to go. Hth :)

If it was a new scope at Christmas, I should refer the matter to the retailer, you should be at least entitled to a replacement under the warrantee. If you are not bothered, then as already pointed out, there are numerous alternatives :) 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, thanks for all your advice.

My wife bought the telescope from Amazon, I contacted them and within 3 days not only did they replace the level they replaced the whole telescope.

I am very impressed with the aftersales service, I just wanted a new level, or maybe replacing the tripod.

Happy days Danny

Archived