Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Have a Peaceful Sunday...

DaveS

.... On BBC 4

Starting at 7 PM with Placido Domingo (Hence the thread title) at the BBC, then Antonio Pappano on bases and baritones.

The focus then switches to science with an Horizon on solar storms, and how they'll trash civilization, followed by The Sky at Night (See it's own thread), another Horizon, this one a special on a NASA Mars mission, ending at 11.30 with Cosmonauts and the USSR's pioneering role in the space race.

Unfortunately only S @ N is new, but the rest should make for an entertaining evening's viewing.

I've watched that programme on the Russian space programme before,and I have to say that it's well worth watching.

O.K.,the Russians may not have got a man to the Moon,but their contributions to the I.S.S. and long stay missions into space are incalculable.

I think it would have to be international. The effort required is too much for any one nation.

Anyone remember the Skylab / Soyuz link-up in the '70s? Another "What might have been.."

Got fed up watching Horizon, stupid simplistic graphics for the hard of thinking, repeated in case you know, we didn't get it like the first time like innit :mad:. With a stupid doom-laden commentary. Definitely bad-old Horizon, wish I hadn't flagged it up now.

Archived