Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Well?

Tim

:grin::lol::D :D :Envy: :Envy: :Envy: :Envy: :Envy: :Envy:

Lets see, the last time I managed to get out under a clear sky and image with my own kit was 23rd April. Annoyingly, there were a few clear nights here while I was in the USA for two weeks... not so annoyingly, I had 11 out of 14 days with clear nights whileIwas there.

:Envy: :Envy: :Envy: :Envy: :Envy: :Envy: :Envy: :Envy: :Envy: :Envy:

I`m still waiting for clear skies.... had it all assembled for a quick visual session last week (stunning views of M13, M57, etc etc, even against a blue sky), but cloud free skies have just left me annoyed and frustrated, not helped by the incomeptant ijits at the Met office who claim clear skies overnight but quite obviously dont actually look at the satellite pictures that say otherwise... or even look out the window to see the torrential rain.

:Envy: :Envy: :Envy::clouds1: :clouds1: :clouds1: :clouds1: :clouds1: :clouds1: :clouds1:

Believe me, the first clear night I get,I will be out getting the EQ6/C11/ED80 set up for imaging, just so that the next clear night (and the coming autumn/winter) I can choose to image with either system, and do visiaul with the other (unless I get another CCD and guider...mmm... :) )

:clouds1: :clouds1: :clouds1: :clouds1: :clouds1: :clouds1: :clouds1: :clouds1: :clouds1: :clouds1:

:grin:

Not wishing to hijack or have yet another thread about weather or indeed the ijits at the Met office BUT do you get the impression that the Met have changed the goalposts somewhat when they make a reference to "clear" skies ? I mean they have changed their definition of clear to mean "not horizon to horizon black cloud" ? I ask because like Steve and doubtless many others when I've gone outside to what ought to be a "clear" night, there seems to be a lot of crud in the air and High cloud/ murk etc, it can't all be pollution- even I know the difference

Ooh time's up time for me to get off the box "Next Please !"

Karlo

Annoyingly, there were a few clear nights here while I was in the USA for two weeks... not so annoyingly, I had 11 out of 14 days with clear nights while I was there.

:grin::lol::D :D :Envy: :Envy: :Envy: :Envy: :Envy: :Envy:

One of those cloudy nights was when you visited me! I was horrified!

"It will be clear tonight in Cambridge" said all the weather websites... all of them! So how could they possibly get it wrong!?

OK, so there is alarge clear path overhead right now, but unless that HUGE arm of cloud decides to head south in the near future, it will appear just about the time the sun goes down... thats looking like yet another evening of false expectations supplied by the Met Office.

Hell, it wont be too long before we have to worry about the winter clouds rolling in <sigh>

Archived